We fall down hard, onto each other Our chests rising and falling together As we try to catch our breath you whisper I love you still rings in my ears, you are the keeper Of my heart, you own my emotion When I look at you I get the notion That I have never fallen so fast or so hard Your name is scarred into the skin of my heart There is a part of me now that will always belong to you A part that will only ever exist with you Just breathe into me, tell me everything you want to say You are like air to my lungs, like the sun to the day Without you there is nothing to light up the darkness And to live in a world without you would be like living in blindness Never seeing beauty or the perfections that do still exist Never feeling butterflies, like the ones I get when we kiss If you would wrap your hand around mine for just a second I will never let you go, my love for you will never be weakened So fall hard onto me, and I promise I will be there to catch you Let go of fear, hold fast to my ...
Tempers flare, and it’s back again This evil that I can’t defend Myself from, and it haunts me now in the still of the night When I thought today was a good one, I thought I was right Oh, but wrong again, always wrong am I For believing that there is such a thing as peace Maybe someday there will be, but please Until I find it, save me from this, from my hell I can’t take the yelling, the anger that seems to tell Me that this will never end, and I will never be left To figure out myself, because I will always feel like a theft Of the heart has been committed, you don’t see how you break me You don’t see how tortured my soul is, you don’t want to see I fear you never will, oh how I wish you could love How I wish you weren’t so hard, or so absent, or so hurt, or all of the above I just want calm and collected, is that so much to ask for I just want someone to notice that I have never picked myself up from the floor Still lying where you left me last time things got tough for you How I wi...
The tension that used to follow me like a shadow has disappeared And all of the words that I had feared Every minute of every day Fell at my feet and turned to dust and the wind carried them away Swirling amongst the gentle breeze that used to push me around Something that was once so ugly and twisted is beginning to astound Me with it's beauty and its grace as it caressed my cheek Wiped the tear from my eye, made me weak At the knees, the pressure on my chest drifted off of me and crashed to the ground Like broken glass, but it didn't cut me this time, I simply looked down And saw that it reflected a new beginning, a different perspective A step in the right direction, giving me a new motive To breathe easy, to let go of all the secrets that I have kept locked inside For all of these years, waiting for refuge for fresh insight On life, I think I found it, I think I am doing something that will help me Get better, help me be happy with myself and my life, because you see You ha...
Comments
Post a Comment